St. Hippolytuskerk Olterterp ((Church of Saint Hippolytus)
Romantic church with bell chair, located in the edge of the forest, near Beetsterzwaag, dates from 1500 with a tower from 1744. Belongs to the Alde Fryske Tsjerken Foundation, the church used as a concert hall, exhibition space and wedding/mourning place.
Take a look
The church was built around 1500 and probably enlarged later. The tower dates from 1744 and could be realized thanks to a contribution from Ayzo van Boelens and his first wife Rinske Lycklama à Nijeholt. A memorial stone above the entrance is tangible proof of this.
The church has been owned by the Alde Fryske Tsjerken Foundation since 1996 and has recently been used mainly as a concert hall and exhibition space, but is also very popular as a romantic wedding location in the middle of the woods.
- Afstand tot jouw locatie: