National Park 'Drents-Friese Wold'
The Drents-Friese Wold National Park is a beautiful nature reserve located in the northern part of the Netherlands, between the provinces of Drenthe and Friesland.
Take a look
The Drents-Friese Wold National Park is a beautiful nature reserve located in the northern part of the Netherlands, between the provinces of Drenthe and Friesland. This national park is one of the largest continuous forested areas in the Netherlands and offers a diverse landscape of forests, heathlands, sand dunes, ponds, and stream valleys.
Some features and highlights of the Drents-Friese Wold National Park include:
- The park has a diverse landscape, making it ideal for hikers and nature enthusiasts. You can hike through extensive forests, wander across heathlands, and enjoy the tranquil surroundings.
- There are numerous cycling and hiking trails in the park, varying in length and difficulty, making the park accessible to both beginners and experienced hikers and cyclists.
- The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including deer, foxes, badgers, and numerous bird species, making it a great spot for birdwatchers and nature lovers.
- In addition to hiking and cycling, the park offers opportunities for other outdoor activities such as horseback riding and mountain biking.
- The Drents-Friese Wold National Park has multiple visitor centers where you can learn more about the park's flora and fauna, as well as get tips for activities and hiking routes.
This national park is a haven of peace and nature in the northern Netherlands, attracting many visitors each year who want to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and the variety of activities it offers. It's a wonderful place to escape the hustle and bustle and immerse yourself in nature.
- Distance to your location: