Locations
841 to 864 of 2801 results
-
Hylperhuis - Flora en Fauna
Hylperhuis - Flora en Fauna Hindeloopen
Book now
-
Gastenhuis de Timmerwerkplaats Ferwoude
Gastenhuis de Timmerwerkplaats Ferwoude Ferwoude
-
B&B Draugen
B&B Draugen Grou
-
Nieuw Allardsoog - de Fazant
Nieuw Allardsoog - de Fazant Bakkeveen
Book now
-
Easterwierum (Oosterwierum)
Easterwierum (Oosterwierum) Oosterwierrum
-
Jachtwerf Oost B.V. - Hemmes 1400 deluxe 'Pelicaen'
Jachtwerf Oost B.V. - Hemmes 1400 deluxe 'Pelicaen' Akkrum
-
Tweepersoonskamer Havenzicht
Tweepersoonskamer Havenzicht Hindeloopen
-
Villapark de Herne - Meinesleat- Klipper
Villapark de Herne - Meinesleat- Klipper Terherne
Book now
-
Lewinski/Barry kookt
Lewinski/Barry kookt Sneek
-
Stadsherberg Sneek - Comfort kamer met kitchenette
Stadsherberg Sneek - Comfort kamer met kitchenette Sneek
Book now
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
Zijda Yachting - Maurice Elite
Zijda Yachting - Maurice Elite Jirnsum
Book now
-
Recreatie Tolbrugschans - Grote Schans
Recreatie Tolbrugschans - Grote Schans Oudehorne
Book now
-
Hotel Restaurant Goerres
Hotel Restaurant Goerres Akkrum
-
Pizza Beppe
Pizza Beppe Leeuwarden
-
S.Y. Kuiper
S.Y. Kuiper Sint Nicolaasga
-
St Boniface Chapel
St Boniface Chapel Dokkum
-
Region De Lege Geaen (The Low Countries)
Region De Lege Geaen (The Low Countries) Sibrandabuorren
-
Mata Hari birth house
Mata Hari birth house Leeuwarden
-
Bootverhuur Hospes - Motorboot Stern
Bootverhuur Hospes - Motorboot Stern Sneek
Book now
-
Barista Cafe Drachten
Barista Cafe Drachten Drachten
-
Snoozz Hotels
Snoozz Hotels Bolsward
-
Artwork Het Baken
Artwork Het Baken Joure
-
Come Sal With Us!
Come Sal With Us! Harlingen