Skip to main content
MAP
Mauritius kerk IJlst

St Maurice Church in IJlst


The previous church on this site was a 13th-century parish church with a saddle roof bell tower. It too was dedicated to Saint Maurice. The parish church was decommissioned in 1828 and a graveyard was established on the site.

The church we see today was designed by the architect J. Ankringa and built in 1830. Its unarticulated tower has a constricted spire and houses two bells: a small swinging bell cast by the bell founder Petrus Overney in 1700 and a large bell cast in 1970 that is a replica of a bell made by the bell founders Geert van Wou and Johan Verstege in 1542. The beautifully carved wooden pulpit made in 1672 was originally installed in the previous church on this site, as was the baptismal screen. The organ was built by L. van Dam en Zonen in 1833 and incorporates pipework from a Bader organ built in 1645. 

Contact

Address:
Nederlands Hervormde Kerk IJlst
Eegracht 43
8651 EG IJlst
Plan your route
Distance:

Take a look

Nearby

Show results