Locations
2737 to 2760 of 2775 results
-
Langweerder Sloep - Woonark Langweer
Langweerder Sloep - Woonark Langweer Langweer
-
Monument Lockheed Hudson
Monument Lockheed Hudson Exmorra
-
Hardvaren
Hardvaren Offingawier
-
The White Lake
The White Lake Beetsterzwaag
-
Marboei MB63
Marboei MB63 Hegemer Mar
-
Sterlogies Leeuwarden
Sterlogies Leeuwarden Leeuwarden
-
Information point Joure (Passantenhaven)
Information point Joure (Passantenhaven) Joure
-
Hemdijk
Hemdijk Westhem
-
Kiekenberg Hill
Kiekenberg Hill Oudehorne
-
IJsbaan Balk
IJsbaan Balk Harich
-
V2 rocket launch site and Peace Temple (Impact location)
V2 rocket launch site and Peace Temple (Impact location) Rijs
-
Oudega Courthouse
Oudega Courthouse Oudega
-
Natuurhuisjes Hasthem Hoeve - Hofsjonger
Natuurhuisjes Hasthem Hoeve - Hofsjonger Baaium
Book now
-
Kampeerboerderij Hettinga - Groepsaccommodatie
Kampeerboerderij Hettinga - Groepsaccommodatie Terherne
-
Museum Martena
Museum Martena Franeker
-
Blokhuispoort
Blokhuispoort Leeuwarden
-
BOEL
BOEL Leeuwarden
-
Slieker Film
Slieker Film Leeuwarden
-
Echten Pumping Station
Echten Pumping Station Echten
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
St Nicholas Church in Sint Nicolaasga
St Nicholas Church in Sint Nicolaasga Sint Nicolaasga
-
Houseboat Heeg
Houseboat Heeg Heeg
Book now
-
Langweerder Wielen (Langwarder Wielen)
Langweerder Wielen (Langwarder Wielen) Langweer
-
Lytske vakantiewoning
Lytske vakantiewoning Gaastmeer
Book now