Locations
2521 to 2544 of 2781 results
-
Nieuw Allardsoog
Nieuw Allardsoog Bakkeveen
-
Rode Klif (Red Cliff) at Lake IJsselmeer
Rode Klif (Red Cliff) at Lake IJsselmeer Warns
-
Hemdijk
Hemdijk Westhem
-
Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden
Bastion Hotel Leeuwarden Leeuwarden
-
Zijda Yachting - Veritas Elite
Zijda Yachting - Veritas Elite Jirnsum
Book now
-
Bij de Genieterij - Tiny House Oblique
Bij de Genieterij - Tiny House Oblique Koudum
Book now
-
Appartementenboerderij De Gelukskever - Groepsaccommodatie 26 personen
Appartementenboerderij De Gelukskever - Groepsaccommodatie 26 personen Hindeloopen
-
Strandje bij Terherne
Strandje bij Terherne Terherne
-
Tusken de Marren - Vakantiehuis Sneekermeer buitenspa 8p
Tusken de Marren - Vakantiehuis Sneekermeer buitenspa 8p Akkrum
Book now
-
Marrenvloot Aquanaut Yachtcharter
Marrenvloot Aquanaut Yachtcharter Sneek
-
Lutz Watervilla's - Wettervilla Ien
Lutz Watervilla's - Wettervilla Ien Balk
Book now
-
Beach Resorts Makkum - Schakel 6 persoons
Beach Resorts Makkum - Schakel 6 persoons Makkum
Book now
-
Schwarzenbergerbos Forest
Schwarzenbergerbos Forest Noardburgum
-
Zondag aan zee
Zondag aan zee Midsland Noord
-
Plaque Blauwpoortsbrug
Plaque Blauwpoortsbrug Bolsward
-
Huisboot Vakanties - Het VaarHuis
Huisboot Vakanties - Het VaarHuis Offingawier
Book now
-
Easterwood Hondvriendelijke Vakantiewoningen
Easterwood Hondvriendelijke Vakantiewoningen Makkinga
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
Waddenzee-Expedities
Waddenzee-Expedities Metslawier
-
Natuurkampeerterrein minicamping Singel - Camperplaats groter dan 5m
Natuurkampeerterrein minicamping Singel - Camperplaats groter dan 5m Jubbega
Book now
-
Belltower Ypecolsga
Belltower Ypecolsga Ypecolsga
-
Slottuin Rijs
Slottuin Rijs Rijs
-
Public toilet Tsjerkewei in Oudega
Public toilet Tsjerkewei in Oudega Oudega
-
Information point Joure (Passantenhaven)
Information point Joure (Passantenhaven) Joure