Locations
1033 to 1056 of 2779 results
-
It Preamke Rondvaarten
It Preamke Rondvaarten Makkum
Book now
-
de Tijnjehoeve - Groepsaccommodatie de Tijnjehoeve (25p)
de Tijnjehoeve - Groepsaccommodatie de Tijnjehoeve (25p) Boornzwaag
Book now
-
Skrins - Bird watching cabin
Skrins - Bird watching cabin Hinnaard
-
Luxe Safaritent
Luxe Safaritent Molkwerum
Book now
-
Tourist Information Koudum
Tourist Information Koudum Koudum
-
Restaurant HANA
Restaurant HANA Leeuwarden
-
Onder 't Duin
Onder 't Duin West-Terschelling
-
Ankertsjerke Oudega SWF
Ankertsjerke Oudega SWF Oudega SWF
-
Stichting De Palingaak
Stichting De Palingaak Heeg
Book now
-
Kitchen workshop Flang in de Pan
Kitchen workshop Flang in de Pan Terschelling
Sustainability info
-
Het Raadsel van de Wadden
Het Raadsel van de Wadden Anjum
-
Camping Ykema - Kampeerplaatsen Camping Ykema
Camping Ykema - Kampeerplaatsen Camping Ykema Sandfirden
-
Huize Kwast
Huize Kwast Leeuwarden
-
Veldman Yacht Charters
Veldman Yacht Charters Sneek
-
Aquacamping en Jachthaven De Rakken
Aquacamping en Jachthaven De Rakken Woudsend
-
B&B De Ferver
B&B De Ferver Leeuwarden
-
Bistro Aragosta
Bistro Aragosta leeuwarden
-
B&B Pension Perruque - Familiekamer
B&B Pension Perruque - Familiekamer Koudum
Book now
-
The Former Weigh House
The Former Weigh House
A look at old photographs reveals that the building looks even more attractive today than its predecessor. The people of Kollum have taken good care of this historic landmark. The weigh house was a public building where goods could be officially weighed. Its presence was particularly important for trade in butter and cheese.
A public weigh house in Kollum is first mentioned in the 16th century. That original building stood next to the Rechthuis (courthouse). In 1779, a new weigh house was built here on the Westerdiepswal, at the heart of the bustling waterfront. The wide entrance to the former weighing hall, where two weighing scales were once installed, can still be clearly recognised in the façade.
The pediment above the façade bears the coats of arms and names, added in 1779, of grietman (district magistrate) Martinus van Scheltinga, his deputy Focke Hijlckes Eskes, and Albert Luitjens, who served together with Eskes as church warden. The building was owned by the Dutch Reformed Church, which leased out the weigh house. In 1871 it was sold to a private owner, after which an official weighmaster appointed by the municipality supervised its operation. With the rise of the dairy industry in Friesland, the weigh house gradually lost its function. In 1895, the building was converted into a private residence.
Kollum
-
Kitesurfing Spot at Lemmer
Kitesurfing Spot at Lemmer Lemmer
-
Bij Fier
Bij Fier Sneek
-
FEM aan het Dok
FEM aan het Dok Lemmer
-
Grand Cafe Wouters
Grand Cafe Wouters Leeuwarden
-
De Kruidhof
De Kruidhof Buitenpost