Unique moorings | Mooring in the middle of nature
Did you know that in Friesland there are countless free moorings in the middle of nature? These are offered to you free of charge by the Marrekrite. 300 locations at free mooring places in the middle of nature. This way you can enjoy the Frisian waters, the tranquility and nature.
Enjoy three days for free
As a visitor you can stay in one place for free for three days. Then you make room for another water recreationist. Continue your journey by water to discover another place and to moor there again in nature.
Marrekrite as host
Marrekrite is your host in the countryside. They maintain the moorings, so that they are nice and tidy. Mowing grass, collecting recreational waste and checking the facilities, that's what they do on a daily basis. They expect almost nothing in return for the service that Marrekrite offers. Only that you behave like a "good guest". A number of mooring rules have been drawn up for this purpose. You can read a number of them below, for a complete overview we refer you to the website of the Marrekrite.
A number of mooring rules in a row:
- Vessels may not be left unattended.
- A nice walk and bike ride and then return on the boat is of course excellent.
- Don't sail too fast. Stern waves are a nuisance for moored boats. In addition, the banks suffer from this.
- It is forbidden to moor in the reeds.
- Respect farmer's property. Please do not enter private areas. In order to preserve the berths in nature, a good relationship with the neighbors is necessary.
- Throw recreational waste in the garbage containers. These are emptied regularly. There is always a container nearby.
- Dogs are welcome, but must be kept on a leash.
You might also like this