Locations
2233 to 2256 of 2801 results
-
Eysinga State - Vakantievilla Meer van Eysinga
Eysinga State - Vakantievilla Meer van Eysinga Sint Nicolaasga
Book now
-
Former railway station Wijnaldum
Former railway station Wijnaldum
The former Wijnaldum railway station recalls the local railway line that connected the village with Harlingen, Leeuwarden and Stiens between 1903 and 1936. The carefully restored station building is one of the few surviving reminders of this historic railway connection.
Wijnaldum (station abbreviation: Wnd) was a stop on the former railway line between Stiens and Harlingen. Located near the hamlet of Voorrijp, the station opened on 1 October 1903. Passenger services continued until 15 May 1935.
The station building was constructed according to the NFLS Standard Type, a design used by the North Frisian Local Railway Company for several stations and halts throughout Friesland. Wijnaldum was classified as a third-class halt within this standard design.
Wijnaldum
-
Zijda Yachting - Jordy Elite
Zijda Yachting - Jordy Elite Jirnsum
Book now
-
Camping 't Séleantsje
Camping 't Séleantsje Molkwerum
-
Herman Serveert
Herman Serveert Grou
-
Resistance plaque Gaastmeer
Resistance plaque Gaastmeer Gaastmeer
-
Eco-Cathedral Project in Mildam
Eco-Cathedral Project in Mildam Mildam
-
RFU- Jachtspecialist
RFU- Jachtspecialist Jirnsum
-
Café De Finne
Café De Finne Reahus
-
Nij Wybranda - Blokhut Us Mem
Nij Wybranda - Blokhut Us Mem Boazum
Book now
-
Kaldi Leeuwarden
Kaldi Leeuwarden Leeuwarden
-
Marina at Camping Pasveer
Marina at Camping Pasveer Sneek
-
Veldman Yacht Charters
Veldman Yacht Charters Sneek
-
Jannum Church Museum
Jannum Church Museum Jannum
-
Tolhuis Joure
Tolhuis Joure Joure
-
Oostmahorn Beach and Play Area
Oostmahorn Beach and Play Area Anjum
-
Mini Camping Sathe Landzicht
Mini Camping Sathe Landzicht Nijhuizum
-
Observation Tower Seven
Observation Tower Seven Ravenswoud
-
B&B Bij ons in Wons
B&B Bij ons in Wons Wons
-
Hanse 348
Hanse 348 Heeg
-
Artwork Het Grote Gezicht
Artwork Het Grote Gezicht Joure
-
Appartement It Eilân
Appartement It Eilân Heeg
-
Friese Meren Villa's - Docklodge 26
Friese Meren Villa's - Docklodge 26 Echtenerbrug
Book now
-
Oosterdiepswal and Westerdiepswal
Oosterdiepswal and Westerdiepswal
On both sides of the Sylster Ryd, in the oldest part of Kollum's historic centre, lie the Oosterdiepswal and Westerdiepswal.
These embankments, locally known simply as the Wallen, are already mentioned in the earliest historical records of Kollum. The Sylster Ryd connected here with the major waterways to the north and south of the village.
During the 16th and 17th centuries, Kollum was a thriving centre of trade and commerce. Its town centre played an important logistical role in regional trading activities. Development along the Wallen began after this waterway was excavated in the early 16th century. Businesses that depended on water transport for the delivery of raw materials and the shipment of goods established themselves here. Historical records mention pottery workshops, a brewery, a tannery and a shipyard. Several windmills also stood along the Wallen, although mills could be found elsewhere in the village as well. Today, the Wallen form part of Kollum's protected historic townscape.
Kollum